Comments are moderated. Please be patient. It may take some time for your comments to appear.

Thursday, February 8, 2007

Homemade Lathe Back Shield



I'm in the process of building a shield to go behind the lathe to protect the wall, and give me a place to mount a work light. I'm making one out of one inch light angle that I had under the house, left over from some other project. It clamps onto the back of the lathe bench. I'll cover it with vinyl carpet runner. It's available at any hardware store, and it's dirt cheap. Someone, somewhere on a web page did the same thing, and I wish I could remember who it was so I could give him credit. I'll eventually permanently attach the clamp on work light so it can't vibrate loose and fall on me or the lathe.

1 comment:

Mem said...

Ah! That's more like it! Looks good!